Tuesday, July 12, 2011

holy cupcakes, batman.

Well, Jaymin's 5th birthday party was a success.
I might even go as far to say "wildly" successful.
Maybe "chaotically" successful is more like it. :)
I really thought I was keeping it simple by
hosting a party for just 7 little boys.
Ha.
The joke's on me. :)
I made the banners out of comic book paper.
And had the fondant toppers for the cupcakes
made by my cake decorating friend.
She does great work - I highly recommend her! :)
I actually grabbed the idea for the cake platter from her craft blog as well.
She made a tower for her son's birthday party and posted a tutorial.
I just did one "tier" to make it a platter instead!
Thanks Jessica! :)
Aaaaand...the birthday boy. :)
Devilish grin 'n all.
Love this one. :)
For party favors
I just put batman & spiderman fruit snacks
in cello bags.
And then I printed the following photos of each boy
& mounted their photo on black foam core for dimension and stability.
It was so hot we ended up in the sprinkler outside.
Hence all the nakedness in the above photos.

There's one thing I've learned in my 5 years of throwing
birthday parties for children...
JUST GO WITH IT.
I go crazy planning, decorating, cleaning & setting up for parties.
And then once they start...
There's no schedule.
Children run a muck.
I watch cupcake crumbs fall to the freshly mopped floor.
I watch full izzies get thrown in the trash.
Our non-water party turns into one cause the head index is 110.
Grass, water, & mud are drug through the house.
We're all sweating profusely...
and laughing hard.
Sigh.
Just smile.
And go with it.

We had a great time. :)

3 comments:

Craftaholic said...

Looks like another fantastic party, darling as always! Thanks for all of the plugs!!

Jami Nato said...

such a cute party. sorry layne was a brat. i love that he barely jumped off the chair.

you did a great job. stress central...but you didn't show it.

Kendra said...

Awww! How fun!!!