Tuesday, September 20, 2011

a romantic bridal shower

I'm so excited to finally share this shower with you!
I had an absolute BLAST working on it the past few weeks
and was thrilled with how everything came together this weekend.
We had it in the coffee shop at my church
which was a great location but made for some funky photos
with all the track lighting. :)
The entry table and my mom's to-die-for cream cheese mints.
They are such a traditional shower/reception addition
and I just love them.
I even had them at my wedding reception! :)
My gift to the bride & groom.
This engagement photo just went so perfectly with our
romantic love story theme
I really wanted it displayed at the shower.
My go-to photo girl sent me to EPG Imaging and they did an amazing job
on this gallery mount.
The party favors.
My mom and I made the boxes and then
my sister and I made the chocolate truffles inside!
Believe it or not,
we did not buy ANY supplies for the boxes!
We used scrap paper from the invitations and
my mom had everything else on hand!
I had my brother write some love notes to his bride-to-be.
Of course he didn't follow directions and use the stationary I gave him,
but we improvised with some notebook paper.
It still turned out cute I thought! :)
In the center of the coffee shop
there is a brown leather couch and chair that needed some color...
shower coordinating color of course.
So I made these chartreuse green ruffle pillows
with handwriting print fabric on the back.
I love how they turned out!
{Tutorial}
I made the gift list with a little clipboard, felt flower & some cardstock.
{click on the photo to enlarge}
Centerpieces for the tables.
The little tags on the apples say "Mr & Mrs.".
I decided last minute we should just do one big food table
rather than wrap the food around the coffee shop counter.
And so I whipped up this little flower cluster to pin to the tablecloth.
I ordered fondant roses from my friend {the cake chick}
for the tops of the cupcakes
and they turned out beautiful!
Just wish I had a better photo of them!
My sister-in-law made these awesome tulle pom-poms
for her daughter's birthday and when I saw them
I knew they were perfect for shower!
She did them in coffee & cream and they turned out great!
My goofy sister & sister-in-law
were playing "barista" behind the coffee shop counter.
But hey, they were keeping the food platters full and washing dishes!
Me & the Bride-to-be.
She's so cute and her outfit was perfect for the shower. :)
And speaking of outfits,
we starting playing around with the flower cluster I made
while cleaning up the shower and it looked adorable
clipped on the side of my cardigan and hello! look at it on my belt!
Um, yeah I will definitely be making like 7 more of these.

The shower was a huge success
and for the first time in the history of my event planning,
I don't think there's one thing I would change!
And I owe a huge thank you to my sister & sisters-in-law
for all their hard work and to both my moms for pitching in most of the budget.

{Photos are courtesy of:
my mom, sister-in-law, me,
and my sweet friend Lizz -
who came all the way back to church just to take them for me!
Thank you friend!}

4 comments:

Judy @ In His Grip said...

Chelsea, you did a fabulous job on the shower. I love that you did not have to buy anything for the favors boxes. My girls find things that I have on hand too in my studio, so they don't have to buy supplies :o) You gotta love a good supply of "stuff". It keeps in line with "the one with the most craft stuff when they die wins." Great job!

Jennifer said...

You missed your calling as an event planner!! Seriously when the kids are all in school you MUST start your own event planning business! You did a fabulous job with Angie's shower, i can't believe how grown up and beautiful she is! Man time goes by fast. Btw, i have a couple of purses that are looking for a new home :)... Call me when you have time to take a look at them!
Love, jenn

emily said...

chels, the details are amazing! love it all---and i'm sure the guest of honor was blown away.

beautiful party!

Jami Nato said...

ok i am sorry i am just now seeing this! this is incredible, chelsea. it's like you nested in the shower. i don't mean that literally. or do i? LOL. anyways, it's all beautiful and insane.